What's in a name?

Haddy Nuff?  Me too.  That's why I chose it as my blogger name.  After 20 years of education and nearly 30 years spent in the corporate world I decided I had enough.  Time to do something else, or nothing, or whatever comes along.  This blog is dedicated to living life one day at a time - and trying my best to make the most of it.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Camera Do's and Don'ts

A couple days ago I took Tucker on a hike into the Wildlife Refuge.  A snow squall blew through and I shot some images attempting to capture the falling snow with a backdrop of trees.  This turned out much more difficult than I imagined.  Too slow a shutter speed and the snow appeared as streaks.  Too fast and the snow looked like popcorn hanging in the air.  I'm not real happy with the result, but here's my best attempt.

As we neared the end of our walk I came across a small stream.  Hanging above the stream were a set of waterbells.  Frozen water drops which form on sticks and twigs hanging just above a stream.  The lighting was poor and to get a decent angle I needed to lie on the bank and position my camera close to stream level.  Turns out too close.  I dipped it in the stream.  The following images were taken just before the dip.

I immediately shutdown the camera.  Removed the batteries and memory card.  As soon as I got home I placed it in a warm dry location overnight.  The next day I placed it into a plastic container along with some rice to help draw out the moisture and waited another couple days.  So far as I can tell it seems to have survived without damage.


No comments:

Post a Comment