What's in a name?

Haddy Nuff?  Me too.  That's why I chose it as my blogger name.  After 20 years of education and nearly 30 years spent in the corporate world I decided I had enough.  Time to do something else, or nothing, or whatever comes along.  This blog is dedicated to living life one day at a time - and trying my best to make the most of it.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Last Day of Winter (at least for awhile)

With a thaw forecasted to occur over the next few weeks I attenuated my day on the mountain and spent a little time with my camera wandering around the woods near our home.  All of these images were taken within sight of our house.

The woods were intensely silent.  As I tromped through the knee-deep snow it crept down into my boots and stuck to my pant legs stiffening and freezing them.  I was reminded of my childhood in Vermont where I would spend hours outside playing with my dog.  Returning inside I clawed clumps of snow out of the cuffs of my pants and watched them melt on the basement floor.  If the weather forecast is true the snow outside will soon be melting as well and its magical transformation on our landscape will begin to fade.





No comments:

Post a Comment