What's in a name?

Haddy Nuff?  Me too.  That's why I chose it as my blogger name.  After 20 years of education and nearly 30 years spent in the corporate world I decided I had enough.  Time to do something else, or nothing, or whatever comes along.  This blog is dedicated to living life one day at a time - and trying my best to make the most of it.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

A Week Away

This past week I forayed into, as my wife calls it, the "Real World".  At the request of a client I traveled to Houston, Texas, to do a bit of consulting.  It was  good trip (flights were on time, client was easy to work with, and work was interesting) but I have to admit, the "Real World" is becoming a strange place.

I've become accustomed to waking up in the morning, stepping outside, and not seeing a soul.  I'm used to checking on the direction of the wind, sensing if it is going to be a dry or perhaps wet (or snowy) day, and watching the valley floor below slowly brighten.

Peering out my hotel window I could see all the way across the parking lot below to the next hotel.  Stepping outside I watched more people whiz by in their cars in a minute than I'll see go by my house in Canaan in a year.

Yeah, the Real World is fine place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there...at least not right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment