What's in a name?

Haddy Nuff?  Me too.  That's why I chose it as my blogger name.  After 20 years of education and nearly 30 years spent in the corporate world I decided I had enough.  Time to do something else, or nothing, or whatever comes along.  This blog is dedicated to living life one day at a time - and trying my best to make the most of it.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Snow and More Snow


Today was the first day in well over a week I could see across the valley or the top of the mountain.  It has been snowing almost continuously for over 6 days.  Wednesday of this past week was the best powder day I can remember at Timberline.  Knee-deep western-quality powder covered all the trails.  Out-of-bounds tree skiing was particularly spectacular.  Each subsequent morning we were met with fresh powder and the opportunity to cut first tracks.

Today the sun came out.  Still cold.  But beautiful.  Here's a shot from the top of the mountain looking back towards our home.  Our house is in the clearing just above the frost line (kind of explains why we call our house Frostline, no?)

The next few days look to be a slight warming trend (we might actually get above freezing), then a return to colder temps and (hopefully) more snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment