What's in a name?

Haddy Nuff?  Me too.  That's why I chose it as my blogger name.  After 20 years of education and nearly 30 years spent in the corporate world I decided I had enough.  Time to do something else, or nothing, or whatever comes along.  This blog is dedicated to living life one day at a time - and trying my best to make the most of it.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Meet Alyson

Alyson is the 7-year old daughter of the director of the kid's ski program at Timberline.  She was my skiing companion for today.

Alyson likes to go fast.  Very fast.  No trail is beyond her ability.  Our second run of the day was down Off The Wall (a double black).  She fell a couple of times, but shrugged the falls off and kept going.
Her favorite trail is White Lightning.  I shot a video of her ripping down the trail which I will attempt to post.  Here's a still shot lifted from the video (note the snow flying up off her skis from behind).

Near in the end of the day shadows had crept across the trail hiding the bumps along the edge of the trail.  As she sped across the trail she strayed into the bumps and shot into the air.  Landing on the second bump both skis came off.  She came to rest on the third or forth bump.  When I caught up to her she smiled up at me and said, "How high did I go!:"


No comments:

Post a Comment