What's in a name?

Haddy Nuff?  Me too.  That's why I chose it as my blogger name.  After 20 years of education and nearly 30 years spent in the corporate world I decided I had enough.  Time to do something else, or nothing, or whatever comes along.  This blog is dedicated to living life one day at a time - and trying my best to make the most of it.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Aaron's Graduation


Deb and I traveled to Seattle this past week to attend Aaron's graduation from the Univ. of Washington. We stayed with our son Greg and daughter-in-law Brooke.

A day or so before the commencement ceremonies Deb and Brooke combined efforts to make a cake. I suppose a fitting caption to this image might be, 'A Bride's Worse Nightmare,' but Brooke took Deb's help in the kitchen right in stride. After raising 2 sons Deb loves having another female in the family. It's fun watching the two of them (although I worry what is discussed out of earshot of us guys).

Graduation Day was bright and sunny. In Seattle! Amazing, yes? The Computer Science ceremony was held inside with a pleasant reception afterwards. The official commencement was held in Husky Stadium with 5,000+ graduates (Ph.D., M.S., and B.S.) marching up to collect their 'memento.' Actually diplomas will be sent later.




































Thanks to Brooke, we have this fine family photo of the happy graduate, Greg, and Deb & me.


Before leaving for home Aaron took us on a short hike in the hills outside of Seattle where I captured the following images.





No comments:

Post a Comment